If you need assistance with your Utility Account, have questions regarding your bill, need to set up a new account, or close an existing account you can call 386-454-1416 Option 1 or email [email protected] for assistance.
Utility Billing is located at City Hall and is open Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Closed Fridays and all major holidays.
To Open a New Utility Account
- Completed Utility Service Application-
- Full Deposit required –
- Drivers License or Florida ID
- Social Security Card or Federal ID for verification
- Homeowner – proof of ownership such as warranty deed
- Renter – provide copy of rental agreement
- Homes with water, sewer, and garbage: $100
- Homes with water and garbage: $100
- Homes with garbage only: $50
- Businesses with water, sewer, and garbage: $200
- Businesses with water and garbage: $200
- Businesses with garbage only: $100
- All garbage, recycling, and yard waste is collected on Friday.
- Residential Yard waste grass clippings and leaves must be bagged (40 pound limit).
- Limbs must bundled and maximum 5ft. lengths.
- Appliances such as refrigerators, stoves and ranges, washer and dryers, will be picked up on the 1st and 3rd Friday of each month. Please give us a courtesy call to assure proper pickup.
- Trash Collection Information Flyer
Penalties – Beginning January 2015
- All water accounts that are not paid on or before the fifteen (15th) day of the month by 6:00 p.m. shall be charged a late charge of five ($5.00) dollars for water and five ($5.00) dollars for garbage. If the fifteenth (15th) falls on a weekend or holiday the customer will have the ability to pay up to 6:00 pm on the business day following the weekend or holiday and not receive a late charge.
- All water accounts that are not paid on or before the twenty-second (22nd) day of the month by 6:00 p.m. shall be disconnected and shall be charged a Service Charge of twenty-five ($25.00) dollars. Interest shall be charged on all delinquent accounts at the rate of (1%) percent per month from the date of disconnection until the account is fully paid. If the twenty-second (22nd) day falls on a weekend or holiday the customer will have the ability to pay up to 6:00 pm on the business day following the weekend or holiday and not be charged the service charge.
There is a recycling program in High Springs. Residents are encouraged to participate in the program. Bins will be furnished. The following contains the collection schedule for garbage and recycling.
- Recyclable goods to be placed in blue bins.
- Plastic containers: Example: plastic milk bottles, bleach bottles or soft drink bottles (no caustics in bottles please.)
- Glass bottles & jars: Example: drink, juices and food bottles or jars.
- Newsprint only. (NO magazines or phone books.)
- Aluminum Cans, Metal Cans: Example: canned fruit, vegetable or juice cans. Labels do not have to be removed, but please rinse cans and remove lids.
- No aerosol cans allowed!
Yard trash information:
Yard trash shall include leaves, pine straw, sticks, brush and grass clippings. Please note: Limbs must be bundled and be less than 6-foot in length. ALL YARD TRASH MUST BE PLACED IN THE CONTAINER PROVIDED OR BAGS.
Each resident can contribute to a better environment by saving goods for recycling. please do not put garbage or food items in your blue bin. household garbage should be placed in your garbage cans.
- The monthly fee for refuse collection for a single residence is $22.00 per month.
- Commercial rates vary depending on service.
Base Rate: $9.17
First 3,000 gallons: $2.72 per 1,000 gallons
Next 2,000 gallons: $3.07 per 1.000 gallons
Next 10,000 gallons: $3.34 per 1,000 gallons
Next 1,000 and above: $3.62 per 1,000 gallons
Sewer Rates- Residential
Base Rate: $37.80 up to 5,000 gallons
$6.94 per 1,000 gallons thereafter
Sewer Rates- Commercial
Base Rate: $49.95 up to 5,000 gallons
$6.94 per 1,000 gallons thereafter
- If a water or sewer related problem occurs during business hours, please contact Public Works at 386-454-2134.
- For after-hours water/sewer related emergencies, please contact (386) 454-1415.
- No meter installed after January 9, 2003 shall be used to provide water to more than one (1) residential or one (1) nonresidential user.
- Orders for new service are processed twice daily at 11 a.m. and at 4 p.m. if utilities department personnel are called out after hours or on weekends, there will be a charge of $50.00 for each trip out. there will be a $50.00 tampering fee if meter is turned on or off by anyone other than utility personnel.
Water meters are read on or near the fifteenth (15th) of each month. bills are mailed before the first of every month and are payable by the fifteenth (15th). If you do not receive a bill, please call to get the amount due to avoid a penalty or shut-off!
- Click here for important information regarding your grinder pump
- COMMERCIAL ACCOUNTS utilizing dumpsters are given the option to select from two-yard to eight-yard dumpsters based on their needs. The rates charged for dumpsters service will be increased accordingly.
- The owner or occupants of each single-family dwelling or business establishment in the City shall be provided a garbage can or such container (with lid) of sufficient capacity to hold accumulated garbage; such container shall be kept in a place accessible to the sanitary department employees, but never upon any street, sidewalk, or public place.
“Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.”