TO REPORT DOWNED TREES BLOCKING STREETS, CALL THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT AT 386-454-2134
SIGN UP FOR NIXEL TO RECEIVE COMMUNITY NOTIFICATIONS
WATER AND SEWER INFORMATION FOR POWER OUTAGES
- CONSERVE AS MUCH WATER AS POSSIBLE
- AVOID FLUSHING TOILETS UNTIL NECESSARY
- ONCE POWER IS RESTORED, ALARM ON GRINDER PUMP IS LIKELY TO SOUND, DUE TO HIGH WATER LEVELS IN THE GRINDER PUMP. ALLOW THE PUMP TO RUN FOR APPROXIMATELY 10 MINUTES. IF PUMP ALARM DOES NOT SILENCE CALL FOR PUMP MAINTENANCE AT 386-454-2134
WHAT SHOULD I DO AFTER A STORM:
• Let your friends & family know you’re safe. You can do so on Facebook’s Safety Check or on the American Red Cross Safe and Well Web site. If you don’t have Internet access, call 1-866-GET-INFO to register yourself and your family.
• Keep away from loose or dangling power lines and report them immediately to the power company.
• If an evacuation order was issued, only return home when officials say it is safe to do so.
• Watch animals closely and keep them under your direct control.
• Drive only if necessary and avoid flooded roads and washed out bridges.
• Stay alert for extended rainfall and subsequent flooding even after the storm has ended.
• Stay out of any building that has water around it.
• Use flashlights in the dark. Do NOT use candles.
• Avoid drinking or preparing food with tap water until you are sure it’s not contaminated.
• Check refrigerated food for spoilage. If in doubt, throw it out.
• Use the telephone only for emergency calls.
• Inspect your home for damage. Take pictures of damage, both of the building and its contents, for insurance purposes.