Pokemon and Magic the Gathering has been cancelled this week. Check back for an update on the next event date!
GARBAGE/TRASH PICKUP WILL BE ON SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 16TH INSTEAD OF THE NORMAL FRIDAY PICKUP.
TO REPORT DOWNED TREES BLOCKING STREETS, CALL THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT AT 386-454-2134
****NOTICE**** THE CITY OF HIGH SPRINGS IS NOT UNDER A “BOIL WATER REQUIREMENT”, TESTING HAS SHOWN THE WATER SAFE TO DRINK
WATER AND SEWER INFORMATION FOR POWER OUTAGES
- CONSERVE AS MUCH WATER AS POSSIBLE
- AVOID FLUSHING TOILETS UNTIL NECESSARY
- ONCE POWER IS RESTORED, ALARM ON GRINDER PUMP IS LIKELY TO SOUND, DUE TO HIGH WATER LEVELS IN THE GRINDER PUMP. ALLOW THE PUMP TO RUN FOR APPROXIMATELY 10 MINUTES. IF PUMP ALARM DOES NOT SILENCE CALL FOR PUMP MAINTENANCE AT 386-454-2134
WHAT SHOULD I DO AFTER A STORM:
• Let your friends & family know you’re safe. You can do so on Facebook’s Safety Check or on the American Red Cross Safe and Well Web site. If you don’t have Internet access, call 1-866-GET-INFO to register yourself and your family.
• Keep away from loose or dangling power lines and report them immediately to the power company.
• If an evacuation order was issued, only return home when officials say it is safe to do so.
• Watch animals closely and keep them under your direct control.
• Drive only if necessary and avoid flooded roads and washed out bridges.
• Stay alert for extended rainfall and subsequent flooding even after the storm has ended.
• Stay out of any building that has water around it.
• Use flashlights in the dark. Do NOT use candles.
• Avoid drinking or preparing food with tap water until you are sure it’s not contaminated.
• Check refrigerated food for spoilage. If in doubt, throw it out.
• Use the telephone only for emergency calls.
• Inspect your home for damage. Take pictures of damage, both of the building and its contents, for insurance purposes.
CITY COMMISSION EXECUTIVE SESSION
23718 W US Hwy 27
AUGUST 24, 2017 IMMEDIATELY AFTER COMMISSION MEETING
CALL TO ORDER: MAYOR GLORIA JAMES
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE: MAYOR GLORIA JAMES
ROLL CALL: ED BOOTH, CITY MANAGER
CLOSED CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER MEETING TO DISCUSS COLLECTIVE BARGANING. PURSUANT TO FLA. STAT. 447.605. THE ATTENDANCE SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE CITY COMMISSIONERS, THE MAYOR, THE CITY MANAGER (ED BOOTH), PERSONNEL DIRECTOR (JENNY PARHAM), FINANCE DIRECTOR (JENNIFER STULL), POLICE CHIEF (JOEL DECOURSEY), DEPUTY CHIEF (ANTOINE SHEPPARD) AND THE CITY ATTORNEY (SCOTT WALKER, ESQ. AND COURTNEY JOHNSON, ESQ.).
NOTICE OF PBA NEGOTIATIONS
THE CITY OF HIGH SPRINGS WILL HOLD NEGOTIATIONS WITH THE PBA AT 3:00 PM, MONDAY, AUGUST 30, 2017 AT HIGH SPRINGS CITY HALL, 23718 W US HWY 27, HIGH SPRINGS, FLORIDA.
PLEASE NOTE: THE PUBLIC IS ALLOWED TO ATTEND FOR OBSERVATION ONLY.
Candidates may qualify to run for election to the said City Commission seats #1 and #2 by filing with the City Clerk for the City of High Springs during regular business hours from Monday, August 21, 2017 through Thursday, August 24, 2017.
DUE TO THE JULY 4TH HOLIDAY, GARBAGE/TRASH WILL BE PICKED UP ON SATURDAY, JULY 8TH INSTEAD OF FRIDAY JULY 7TH,