Although our Commission meetings are now streamed live and available for viewing on the City website I thought more immediate information on commission actions would be desirable. I will update this posting at least once a month however I will strive to update you on commission actions following each Commission meeting. I hope you find this information useful.
Meeting of September 10, 2015
• Discussed Raising of Utility Rates (Water $1/month, Sewer $3/month).
• Approved Resolution2015-N Fixing the Tentative Ad Valorem Tax Rate at 6.1326.
• Approved Ordinance 2015-11 on 1st Reading Adopting the FY 2015-16 Budget with direction to staff to increase projected revenue in two funds.
• Approved Entering into Agreement with North Central Florida Regional Planning Council for Planning Services provided Agreement is amended to reflect Public Records provision.
• Approved Entering into Lease Agreement with the High Springs Garden Club for the building located at 605 NW 4th Street provided amendments to the Termination clause is agreed upon.
• Approved Special Event Permit for the High Springs Lions Club to hold a benefit for the High Springs Police Explorers.
• Approved Ordinance 2015-12 on 1st Reading providing consent for certain properties to be included in a Special Assessment District created by Alachua County for roadway improvements.
The information provided herein is not to be construed as the official minutes of the City of High Springs.